five arenas of development
While the following five arenas are interactive in personnel development, clients may first wish to focus on one of these arenas as a way to understand and create a strategic plan for all five. These arenas are
- Ferreting out and challenging assumptions of a business’s approach to employee learning; for example, common training assumptions that are not necessarily valid and appropriate include traditional uses of training timeframes and facilities, roles of trainers, context understandings of business leadership, etc.
- Elevating the power of a business’s holistic training and professional development environment:
- Designing or honing elements of a business’s training delivery system to empower personalized, inclusive, equitable, authentic, and successfully applied professional development for all employees
- Integrating and aligning all the elements of the training environment under the unifying umbrella of a strong and unique business vision and mission; that is, aligning every aspect of training and its environment to empower both employee learning and the business’s culture of improvement.
- Facilitating the creation of a whole-business learning lens that creates and elevates meaning, common learning vocabulary, and performance outcomes for employee training and professional development.
- Guiding the development of improvement and sustainability systems for powerful continuous employee learning designs.
- With the organization’s governance and leadership personnel, collaboratively assessing existing leadership values and characteristics, and providing leadership coaching that champions the success of employee training and development.
Lutz GLOBE business consulting described above include:
- Evaluation of the organization’s employee learning processes and training contexts in collaboration with the business’s various constituencies
- Facilitation of training design development with the business’s leadership members who are invested with the organization’s knowledge base of goals, operations, employment skills and attribute needs, etc.
- Guidance in implementing the employee training protocols, practices, and logistics from developed learning designs, conducted in partnership with members charged with developing and presenting employee training
- Leadership coaching for skills and interpersonal needs essential in creating, training, and sustaining a powerful, invested, and resilient employee corps in a time of exponentially accelerating changes